Monday, August 13, 2007

Much Music

This is from a breastfeeding supporter in Vancouver---

Today I was watching MuchMusic (Canada's MTV) with a friend and two of their VJs- one male, one female- started discussing the singer Gwen Stefani. The male said that she "just doesn't know when to stop" breastfeeding her fourteen-month-old. The female agreed, saying that she knew of someone who was still breastfeeding their four-year-old, and that "that's child abuse."Anyway, I don't know if anyone else will care, but I wrote MuchMusic a letter about it. So if anyone is interested, MuchMusic's contact email address is: muchmail@muchmusic.com ... Even if you don't write, I thought you might be interested. I'm really not a vigilante! I just get annoyed when ignorant people make ignorant comments on nationwide television.


Email: muchmail@muchmusic.com

4 comments:

Rebecca McKay said...

Especially when they are making these comments to a young generation who are so easily swayed. When I found out Gwen Stefani breast fed til 14 mos. I was thrilled! Good for her!!

JQ said...

Yeah, I know! 14 months is the equivalent of 5 years in celebrity land. lol

Elizabeth said...

Maybe it's just because I'm not a part of the "MTV" demographic, but a VJ is the last person I'd take parenting advice from. So, if they think bf'ing a four-year-old is child abuse, what do they call the actions of Britney Spears?

I love that more celebrities are NIP, maybe they'll bring some positive attention to bf in the mainstream media.

Scofio morgan said...

I was tested Hsv positive and ever since then i have been taking different kinds of medicine but yet no improvement until i saw testimonies on the internet of how Robinson buckler has been curing different people from different kinds of diseases, immediately i contacted him. After our discussion he prepared the medicine and send it to me, which i received and took according to his instructions. Now my doctor just confirmed me HSV2 negative. My heart is so filled with joy, thank you so much Robinson buckler for curing me. If you are reading this and you are suffering from HSV or any other disease or you want to fix your broken marriage/relationship or maybe get back with your Ex husband, Ex wife, Boyfriend or girlfriend you can contact this Email address: [Robinson.buckler@yahoo.com....Robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com]

Acne
Acromegaly
Addison’s
Allergy
Alopecia Areata
Alzheimer’s
Ankylosing Spondylitis
Anxiety disorders
Aplastic Anemia
Asthma
Atopic dermatitis
Autism
Back Pain
Bell’s Palsy
Bronchitis
Calcaneal spur
Callosities
Cancer
Candidiasis
Cardiac
Carpal Tunnel Syndr
Cellulitis
Cervical Spondylitis
Chalazion
Actinic Keratosis
Athlete’s Foot
Fibroid Tumor.
Enlarge Prostate.
Erectile Dysfunction….
Arthritis.
Get ex lover back.
The Opioid Epidemic.
Obesity.
Infertility/Impotency.
Eye Problem.
Cold Sores
Dandruff
Dermatitis
Eczema
Genital Herpes
Genital Warts
Hair Loss
Erectile dysfunction
Hives – Chronic (urticaria)
Hyperhidrosis
Impetigo
Jock Itch
Keratosis Pilaris
Lice
Lichen Planus
Medication refill
Melasma
Milia
Moles
Molluscum Contagiosum
Nail Fungus
Poison Ivy
Post Treatment Concerns
Psoriasis
Ringworm
Rosacea
Scabies
Seborrheic Dermatitis
Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
Warts