Monday, August 13, 2007

Much Music

This is from a breastfeeding supporter in Vancouver---

Today I was watching MuchMusic (Canada's MTV) with a friend and two of their VJs- one male, one female- started discussing the singer Gwen Stefani. The male said that she "just doesn't know when to stop" breastfeeding her fourteen-month-old. The female agreed, saying that she knew of someone who was still breastfeeding their four-year-old, and that "that's child abuse."Anyway, I don't know if anyone else will care, but I wrote MuchMusic a letter about it. So if anyone is interested, MuchMusic's contact email address is: muchmail@muchmusic.com ... Even if you don't write, I thought you might be interested. I'm really not a vigilante! I just get annoyed when ignorant people make ignorant comments on nationwide television.


Email: muchmail@muchmusic.com

3 comments:

Becks said...

Especially when they are making these comments to a young generation who are so easily swayed. When I found out Gwen Stefani breast fed til 14 mos. I was thrilled! Good for her!!

JQ said...

Yeah, I know! 14 months is the equivalent of 5 years in celebrity land. lol

Elizabeth said...

Maybe it's just because I'm not a part of the "MTV" demographic, but a VJ is the last person I'd take parenting advice from. So, if they think bf'ing a four-year-old is child abuse, what do they call the actions of Britney Spears?

I love that more celebrities are NIP, maybe they'll bring some positive attention to bf in the mainstream media.