Saturday, February 10, 2007

BACE meeting

I was invited to attend a BACE meeting (Breastfeeding Action Coalition of Edmonton), an informal get together to discuss the 2007 Breastfeeding Challenge. I love attending the Breastfeeding Challenge. BACE organizes the yearly event, and puts alot of work into planning and gathering door prizes and booths. However, the 2006 Edmonton location had less than 30 registered participants and I KNOW that we can do better than that in 2007.

It turned out to be a really informal meeting, as I was the only one who could make it. I met a great lady named Nicole, and her husband, and discovered I have lots of common with them in regards to our attachment parenting values, and society's attitudes towards breastfeeding in general. I offered help with the 2007 Challenge in any way I can. I thought it would be a great idea if I or a BACE member could put together a small bf'ing challenge flyer, and I could hand them out in my gift bags at the Mom, Pop and Tot Fair. Just to get the name out there, and make more nursing moms aware of the event.

We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When is the 2007 Breastfeeding challenge? I will for sure go and do my part once babe arrives!